Thursday, August 25, 2016

Book Review~Doodletopia: Manga: Draw, Design, and Color Your Own Super-Cute Manga Characters and More

Hey lovies! I'm so happy to post a book review about Doodletopia: Manga. I am one of the biggest fans of Christopher Hart. His illustrations are just amazing and the way he teaches are not only easy with his instructions but they are completely doable. My daughter and I have purchase quite a few drawing books and we are always drawn back to Chris' books. Each illustration comes with roughly four steps that one simply follows to obtain a similar images. Not only are the facial images adorable but the clothing and hair on each character is so sweet as well. 

My daughter is twelve years old and she has had her artistic abilities strengthened by following the steps in this book. At first she began by tracing the finished image. From there she began going backwards and doing the steps. I know that may be a different approach but it has greatly worked for her. 

We both especially loved the extras that are in the back of the book. The bookmarks are our faves. 

I am so grateful to have been given a complimentary copy to review this book, through blogging for books, for my honest opinion. 


1 comment:

  1. Great review. I love getting as much information from as many books as I can.

    ReplyDelete